Monday, February 18, 2008

Review: Coheed & Cambria 02.12.2008

#6 (#36 of Coheed)
Tuesday February 12 2008
Coheed & Cambria
Linkin Park
Qwest Center
photo of crazy LP crowd by DMR

Omaha! Woo! We were too lazy to walk three blocks to the Qwest Center in the cold so we made the Marriott shuttle drive us around the blocks and blocks of parking lots to drop us off in front of the building. We strategically missed Chiodos (I am NOT watching them again) and got into our "backstage" seats right before Coheed came out. If Coheed didn't have their stage set, it wouldn't have been a terrible place to sit (it was actually pretty good for LP, giant screens excepted), but we could actually see OK - we saw Claudio get hit with that beer cup. Obviously Coheed didn't get to play too many songs since they were the openers and all their songs are long but they played the first 7 tracks off of the new album, several from IKSSE:3 and they even played a couple super oldies before closing with Welcome Home. I could have done without Blood Red Summer, but whatever.
We couldn't believe how crazy the fans were for Linkin Park. I was running off a list of the type of people who have LP as their favorite band - people who only listen to the radio, frat boys, people who work in retail, etc. Really, I have nothing against these people or LP, I just don't understand it. [and I listen to some total shit, but I wouldn't say that I really "feel" that shit, I mostly just think it's funny because it's so cheezy and stupid] I still like that one song on LP's first album where he's "about to break" but I think there are certainly better bands out there in the same vein as LP. Also, DMR remembered that I HAD intentionally seen LP before at HFStival 2001 (I didn't watch them on their package tour thingy - #22). At any rate, we managed about 5 songs before leaving for food and beer and an adventure to the metal bar. I still can't believe we paid for this.

No comments: