Friday, February 15, 2013

Coheed & Cambria, February 2013

Coheed & Cambria
4 Feb 2013
5 Feb 2013
9:30 Club
Washington, D.C.

7 Feb 2013
Stage AE
Pittsburgh, PA

New album [The Afterman: Descension], new tour. Opening acts: Russian Circles (whom I like) and Between the Buried and Me (whom I didn't ever really need to see again). New stage set (more mannequins!) and backdrops. Nice that the tour started at 9:30 Club, still my favorite venue, even though I hadn't been there in more than 3 years.


Setlist:

Pretelethal
Sentry the Defiant
[night two: Holly Wood]
A Favor House Atlantic
The Afterman [night two: Good Night, Fair Lady]
No World For Tomorrow [night one only]
The Crowing [intro made me think it would be Delirium Trigger]
Vic the Butcher
Evagria the Faithful
Iron Fist (acoustic)
Here We Are Juggernaut
Dark Side of Me
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3


Encore:

Wake Up
Domino the Destitute
Welcome Home

I'd not been to Stage AE before. It's in the middle of the parking lots for Pittsburgh's sports stadiums, where it's $10 (cash-only) to park. With no nearby ATMs, I ended up paying mostly in change I happened to have in my pockets (from my Megabus trip to DC). Thankfully, I could use a card to buy a new tour t-shirt. The set-list was the same as the first night of the tour. I couldn't take yet another Wake Up or Welcome Home, so apparently I missed a power outage during the encore (Super Bowl fallout?). You can find the whole set on YouTube though.

I didn't get any good photos because I was too far back & never carry a camera anymore. 

No comments: