Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Coheed 60 - Oct 16 2012

Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Coheed & Cambria
The Dear Hunter
Three
House of Blues
Cleveland

I think this is the fourth of the Houses of Blueses for me (LV, AC, Chi, Cle) and it certainly wasn't the worst. I do really wish I'd gotten a seated ticket though because my legs hurt for days after standing for 4+ hours on their concrete floor (plus the 5ish hours of driving). I never understood why clubs don't use that rubber flooring. Anyway.

Three was great as usual, playing the same set I saw in Kingston. A lot of the people standing around me had apparently never seen them before but I'll bet they would all go see them again now.

Even though I recall The Dear Hunter touring with Coheed before (and other bands I've seen), I don't think I ever saw them before. Just before they came on, there was a large group that came and stood near me who were there ONLY to see TDH. Hipsters. Also: Bears. Here's a Simpsons quote that pretty well illustrates my feelings at this point in the night:
Teen1: Oh, here comes that cannonball guy. He's cool.
Teen2: Are you being sarcastic, dude?
Teen1: I don't even know anymore.

Coheed played a slightly different set than Kingston, including new songs Holly Wood and Afterman. I feel guilty reporting that I didn't stay until the bitter end, but I would literally not have been able to walk back to the car and drive home if I had. Apparently I could have gotten in early too since I'd ordered the box set (which I still haven't received, unsurprisingly). I would be dead now if I'd spent that much time in the club. No one posted the full set list, but you can read various compliments and complaints about it on Cobalt & Calcium. It looks like I was not the only one feeling bad after this show, as now the last few tour dates have been changed. Maybe I can actually go to Nashville now.

Edited to add that my box set came WHILE I was typing this post. Also, that I think it's cute that posters on the Co&Ca forums have all their show dates as their signatures.

No comments: