Sunday, September 16, 2012

Coheed & Cambria w/Three, Kingston, NY, 09.13.2012


September 13, 2012
#59 of Coheed
#20 of Three
UPAC Theater
Kingston, NY

Well, at least I will know where I was when my second niece was born: the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Cooperstown, NY. So to celebrate, I took a tour of Ommegang Brewery and tasted some delicious Belgian (and Belgian-style) beers before heading on 2-lane roads and gravel/dirt detours to Kingston. I'd been to Kingston once a few years ago, on my way to Bearsville for the Three CD release party. It wasn't any different than I remembered.

My friend BB, who saw Coheed once before with me, came along since it was a local show for him. It was a nice venue - seated theater - so it was more comfortable that his previous experience.

I could't believe I hadn't seen Three in FOUR YEARS. Crazy. They played a good set, including a few of the songs off of the latest album The Ghost You Gave to Me as well as a selection of older songs like Alien Angel and Amaze Disgrace.

Coheed sounded good. My first time seeing Josh back with the band and first time I've seen Sentry and Domino live.
Better fans than I posted the set list:
The Hollow (?)
No World for Tomorrow
Gravemakers and Gunslingers
Everything Evil
Made Out of Nothing
Ten Speed
The Suffering
Mother Superior
Sentry the Defiant
Blood Red Summer
In Keeping Secrets

Encore:
Domino the Destitute
A Favor House Atlantic
Welcome Home
The Willing Well IV: The Final Cut

No comments: