Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Review: Witchcraft 09.15.2008

#22
Monday, September 15, 2008
Witchcraft
TK Webb and the Visions
Graveyard
Rock & Roll Hotel

Graveyard is also from Sweden and basically sounds just like Witchcraft. Not too shabby.

I wasn't sure what TK Webb and the Visions were about - what with the headbands and plaid shirts and all. However, if I saw them about 5 more times I think they would be my new favorite band. Harmonica!

These people they are into Witchcraft...there were quite a few people there for a Monday night. A few neck-tattooed folks, a few skanks who talked the whole time and ignored the band, some oldsters - a pretty mixed crowd. The Witchcraft singer seemed to be in a pretty good mood - I don't remember him talking that much at past shows I've seen. They played for over an hour but sadly, they didn't play Her Sisters... I guess they don't know King Lear is coming up at Shakespeare. And even though it's a little late, I need to go post my Missed Connections ad for the dude with the face tattoo.

No comments: