Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Coheed 26: The Legend Continues

OK so it's once again 3:30 am and I've just gotten home from seeing Coheed for the 26th time at ye olde 9:30 club. I had initially lured Ms. L along with the vague promise of backstage passes (where we could watch the show from that little balcony over the stage) only to let her down again due to various ineptitudes (damn you Chooch!). This is of course not the first time this has happened to us at 9:30 and also proves you should generally buy tickets regardless of your fan status. I only caught Dregd's set from outside whilst contemplating my next move regarding the pass fiasco. They sounded good from out there but Pete said they had some kind of problems or something. I did see Chuck and Claudio with a bunch of dry cleaning (?) being let in the back door by That Guy, but I didn't manage to catch up with them. Finally the Blood Brothers started so I just decided to go on in with my ticket (by then Ms. L had left). I thought BB sounded awesome but I was unfortunately standing in the back by a group of people who kept yelling creative things like 'Get off the stage' and helpful comments like 'You suck' at them. Gawd, just go to the bar or something. It's not like someone is going to steal your spot at the very back of the main floor. Morons.
This was the first time I'd seen Coheed's full stage set. Most of the other places were either too small entirely or I had a really bad view. They played the same set list as Saturday but the 'jams' were different (so they were actually jams and not a bunch of self-indulgent prog wankery). Sound-wise it was great - probably one of the best shows I've ever heard them play.
After the show I headed down to the backstage bar and talked to the lovey Ms. B and Ms. A from Baltimore and all our favorite band members, merch dudes, and road crew. Rodney still owes me 3 drinks from Saturday night, but I guess I can wait for those. Of course my voice is almost totally gone (Josh's advice: whisky). Later on the Dredg bus, BB Cody broke two bottles and both he and MP spilled stuff on me (although Cody soaked everything, including the ceiling, with Corona in an unrelated incident). And we all danced to Arrested Development and Codeseven. Dredg's Gavin is pretty hot up close and quite a gentleman, too. Nights like these are hard to top...*sigh*

No comments: