Sunday, November 06, 2005

Celebrating my Silver Anniversary with Coheed

So this was the 25th time I've seen Coheed & Cambria. My silver anniversary with them. Since I no longer work in the science library, I don't know if this consitutes an actual mental disorder.

The main things I've drawn from the evening:
  • even after 25 times I still love Coheed more than anything else on this earth
  • do NOT combine cold medicine with 6 (or more, I lost track) Jack and cokes with anything up-to-and-including Dregd's tour manager and/or parallel parking
  • all the Blood Brothers can dance (but somebody get these guys a meatball sub, seriously)
  • Johnny can both tune guitars and dance like Billy-Jean-era Michael Jackson (possibly even simultaneously)
  • I ran into one of the people I met on my Coheed week - too bad you're not 'of age' since you missed out of an effing crazy night
Also, I now smell like waffles - Thanks Tomato Nation! and Sephora

Alright, now that I'm just hungover I can fill in a few more details:
  • Set list: Keeping the Blade, Always & Never, Welcome Home, Ten Speed, Delirium Trigger (new arrangement), Blood Red Summer, Apollo I, Ring in Return, Once Upon Your Dead Body, Favor House, Three Evils (yay!), Wake Up (w/Claud apologizing for cursing), The Suffering, Devil in Jersey City, a 3-esque jam, Everything Evil, and The Final Cut with extended prog wankery
  • I propose the invention of a new drink - some kind of shot served in a heavy vessel which will be called 'shut the fuck up people behind me' - you'll drink the shot and then hopefully knock out the loud obnoxious people by throwing the empty container at them
  • I think my black v-neck t-shirt is cursed - the last two times I've worn it to a show I've ended up with the same result *shudder*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since you mentioned "mental disorder" and you always got the magician when I read tarot cards for you, I HAD to check it out.

All I could find was this: http://www.psychologynet.org/meth.html

It you replace "amphetamine" with "showgoing" it's pretty funny and somewhat accurate, so I guess what you have is an ADDICTION...

HERE IT IS:

Diagnostic Criteria
SHOWGOING ABUSE: A destructive pattern of SHOWGOING, leading to significant social, occupational, or medical impairment.

Must have three (or more) of the following, occurring when the SHOWGOING was at its worst:

SHOWGOING tolerance:
Either need for markedly increased amounts of SHOWGOING to achieve intoxication, or markedly diminished effect with continued use of the same amount of SHOWGOING.

SHOWGOING withdrawal symptoms:
Either (a) or (b).


(a)Two (or more) of the following, developing within several hours to a few days of reduction in heavy or prolonged SHOWGOING:

sweating or rapid pulse
increased hand tremor
insomnia
nausea or vomiting
physical agitation
anxiety
transient visual, tactile, or auditory hallucinations or illusions
grand mal seizures

(b)SHOWGOING is taken to relieve or avoid withdrawal symptoms.
Greater SHOWGOING than intended: SHOWGOING was in larger amounts or over a longer period than was intended

Unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control SHOWGOING: Persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control SHOWGOING
Great deal of time spent in SHOWGOING, or recovering from hangovers

SHOWGOING caused reduction in social, occupational or recreational activities: Important social, occupational, or recreational activities given up or reduced because of SHOWGOING.

Continued SHOWGOING despite knowing it caused significant problems: Continued SHOWGOING is continued despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent physical or psychological problem that is likely to have been worsened by SHOWGOING