Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday, April 19, 2013
Clutch
Orange Goblin
Lionize
Stage AE
Pittsburgh, PA

I don't know why I didn't write a post for this before. I even remember being complemented on my 3 Inches of Blood hoodie by some random dudes at this show. [Which seems to be the crucial difference between DC and everywhere else - every time I wear some metal shirt/hoodie outside of DC, people will talk to me instead of giving me the stink-eye like in DC.]

Lionize I'd seen with Clutch before since they're from MD. I think I only caught part of their set this time.

Orange Goblin is from the UK? OK. I thought I'd seen them before, but I guess not. I enjoyed it and would check them out again.

Clutch was touring in support of their new album, Earth Rocker. I was probably the only person in the club who appreciated the Chuck Brown intro and fully appreciated the new song "DC Sound Attack" with the go-go beat. Anyway, Clutch always puts on a good show and there are always tons of dudes who look like Neil Fallon in the audience, so you can't really go wrong. Also, I didn't see any fights, so this was actually better than my previous experiences at Clutch shows.

No comments: