Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Far w/Solar Powered Sun Destroyer 10.24.2009

SPSD_5977
#51
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Far
Solar Powered Sun Destroyer
DC9

First show since my return from the city of barricades (dunno what the nickname for Baghdad is and that seems better than bombtown). DC9 grilled cheese, where have you been all my life?

Anyway, good to see Solar Powered Sun Destroyer again. I thought they were in top form and they got to play a decent set as the opening opener. I tried to stand in a different spot, but my pictures all pretty much look the same. Although there's one where Justin looks like a giant which is pretty cool.

Missed part of the second band because we were downstairs drinking. What we saw was good - in the same vein as Far.

So, Far = Fucking amazing. I never heard of them until long after they broke up (~2004) but since I really like a lot of bands who are heavily influenced by Far I figured I would like them also. I hadn't listened to them again since then but I was pretty excited to see that they were playing a few shows. They played a good variety of songs but promised to re-learn some more and come back again. Amazing show.

No comments: