Saturday, September 26, 2009

Satyricon 09.25.2009

Satyr on Twitpic
#50
Friday, September 25, 2009
Satyricon
Bleeding Through
Toxic Holocaust
Sonar Club Room

I don't think I'll ever figure out the proper timing for Sonar shows. The last time I wanted to see the early bands I got there way too early and this time I missed half of Toxic Holocaust. Anyway, Toxic Holocaust was still awesome and could totally be my new favorite band. Looks like they're going to be back through this region again before the end of the year, so I'll definitely be back for that. Nuke the cross!
Bleeding Through I have seen before and I will say that at least they're hot. And neck tattooed. But although I like hardcore and I like metal, I just don't like them. Whatever.
Finally, I finally see Satyricon after at least two failed attempts to see them in the past. It was fucking awesome too. Hey, where did everybody go? A lot of people left after BT but that was OK but it looked a little sad. I think there were actually more people there for Marduk and that was on a weeknight. But they still put on a top-notch set and seemed to be really enjoying themselves. They played both old and new stuff and now I have The Wolfpack in my head (which is so much better than what was in there before). K.I.N.G. was one of the encores (they played three) so I was excited about that. No Black Lava though. Frost is an amazing drummer - even after seeing the Gojira drummer earlier this week.
I can't believe I've already been to 50 shows this year. My record is 57 which is probably beatable, although I'm missing a lot of good stuff in the next couple weeks (no Lady Gaga or 3 Inches of Blood for me, :-(

No comments: