Thursday, September 15, 2005

New Coheed album stream on MTV.com

Stream the whole album and see if you can stand 'The Suffering' in context...

Here's my first impressions:
track 1 - Keeping the Blade - awesome - minimalist rearrangement of both album intros
track 2 - Always and Never - interesting - apparently that's Claudio's neice laughing in the background - to 'get it' you need to read the comics
track 3 - Welcome Home - already released as a single - where's my double guitar?
track 4 - Ten Speed (Of Gods Blood and Burial) - for some reason I'm thinking that this was an old song they re-did...it definitely reminds me of something (and I don't want to say Bon Jovi, but that's honestly the first thing that springs to mind) [also I have apparently been listening to this since January as a bootleg from the 92 cent show (that I missed because I was in Seattle, thanks a lot FFAF)]
track 5 - Crossing the Frame - more of a 'classic' Coheed song along the lines of BRS or AFHA (yes, Virginia there are handclaps...)
track 6 - Apollo I: The Writing Writer - see above (replace handclaps with 'whoa-oh' part) - this is where the album title comes into play
track 7 - Once Upon Your Dead Body - I like this one - it has spaceship noises :-)
track 8 - Wake Up ...and stick a fork in my ear - similar to TLATG - ugh
track 9 - The Suffering - I do like it better in context (especially after suffering through Wake Up)
track 10 - The Lying Lies and Dirty Secrets of Miss Erica Court - see track 6
track 11 - Mother May I - Claudio just used the word 'premise' in a song...
The Willing Well suite:
track 12 - I. Fuel for the Feeding End - nice bass line...[minutes later] is this still the same song? When will it ever end?
track 13 - II. Fear Through the Eyes of Madness - hey, remember when I figured out that 21:13 was Aqualung?
track 14 - III. Apollo II: The Telling Truth - oy, gevalt! Didn't we already listen to this part?
track 15 - IV: The Final Cut - ah, that is what this song is called...I have video of this from the Central Park show. I like this but I liked it better live. No outro track - just sounds and junk from track 2

So this time I actually received my pre-ordered CD and the free t-shirt. I was going to put IV on the pocket of my crowning hoodie but I don't have any red embroidery thread (how the hell do I not have red?)

Overall: it's a lot more 80's/poppy/"radio rock" that I would normally care for, but on the whole I like it. I can't wait for AC/da burgh/Columbus and whereever I may roam in two weeks.

[Don't click on this article - it's the worst POS since that one press release. Linked only for my reference]

No comments: