Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Coheed 52


#7
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Coheed & Cambria
Earl Greyhound
The Electric City

Left sunny DC to drive through rain then snow to the home of The Office. Mrs. SK left early-ish for the club so she could get up front, while I stayed in the hotel watching "16 & Pregnant" (don't judge). Turns out I probably could have watched it longer, since nothing much was happening when I got to the Hardware Bar (there was hardware on the walls upstairs and certain decor listed as the "flooring department" and such (I never went to the bathroom to see if it was the plumbing department)). Fueled by $3 Yuengling, I managed to stick it out upstairs until almost the bitter end when I couldn't see anymore so I went downstairs where it was cooler.
Earl Greyhound was pretty good. I would probably check them out again in a different setting.
Coheed played all the stuff from the set list I saw tweeted and now can't find, but I was pretty excited that it included 21:13 and Junesong. Only a couple new songs though. Set-wise, I thought it was a top-20 show. Venue-wise: sucked big ones.
Also, met some chick who's seen CoCa 55 times, so my only accomplishment in life has now been topped AND I'm going to miss their two 9:30 Club dates in May because of a work trip.
Here's the set list: 1.) One 2.) We are the broken 3.) A Favor house atlantic 4.) The Crowing 5.) Junesong Provision 6.)Time Consumer 7.)Here we are juggernaut 8.)In Keeping secrets of silent earth:3 9.)Al The KILLER 10.)The Light and the glass 11.)World of lines 12.) The End Complete 13.)NWFT 14.(Encore)Far 15.)Welcome Home 16.)2113

No comments: