Friday, July 17, 2009

Solar Powered Sun Destroyer/Paper Route 07.15.2009

#36
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Solar Powered Sun Destroyer
Audrye Sessions
Paper Route
DC9

We got there pretty early for some of the best grilled cheese sandwiches ever made (with smoked gouda) and onion rings. Very tasty.
I couldn't believe the line for this show - it must have taken at least 30 minutes to get the folks of all ages upstairs.
SPSD started playing before the line was through so we listened to the first few songs from down below. Still sounded good though. Their newish lineup and new songs are all great. Note that this is a new photo from Wednesday night, even though it looks much like the last time I saw them. SPSD is now in the 5x viewing club as well - congratulations!
Next up was CA-based Audrye Sessions. Definitely good tour-mates for Paper Route. I thought they were pretty good, though I don't think I liked them as much as Ms. Ch. I also prefer my men with socks.
I was a little confused that Paper Route were headlining, although that certainly wasn't a bad thing and we probably wouldn't have watched Audrye Sessions otherwise. They put on a good set in the crowded, sweaty upstairs of DC9. I don't have much new to say about them.

No comments: