Sunday, May 31, 2009

Coheed & Cambria May 28 - 29, 2009

#29 [47th of Coheed]
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Coheed & Cambria
House of Blues Atlantic City

I got there after Coheed had already started, but I didn't miss too much. Apparently they didn't play any new songs, which was what I was really hoping for here. It was nice to see my fellow fanatic and her daughter as well as my favorite fellow-Pennsylvanian-who-used-to-manage-Coheed. Claudio's voice sounded really good.

This photo has nothing to do with Coheed but I went to Cape May, since I always wanted to go there.

#30 [48th of Coheed]
Friday, May 29, 2009
Coheed & Cambria
Starland Ballroom
Sayreville, NJ

I think Kylesa was still on when I got there but it was so packed full at that point that I decided to spend the whole show in the back near the bar area, watching the tv screens. Not like I really need to see anything at this point - I know what they look like and what they do on stage. The last time I saw Claudio do something original was probably last year when I first saw him with that stupid theremin (which he still has). I was pleasantly surprised they played Al the Killer. I left before the end of the encore because the idiots parked next to me were very bad drivers and I had also given up on my other lost cause of the evening.
I've already seen 30 shows this year and seen old favorites for the first time (Air Supply, Hall & Oates) and I met Capt. Phil Harris. I have no idea what I will do for the rest of this year.

Edited to add that this trip cost me $25.50 in tolls. Thanks god for E-ZPass.

No comments: