Friday, March 06, 2009

Review: Early Man + Red Fang 03.05.09

#7
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Red Fang
Early Man
DC9

Since parking was ample for some reason, I also saw the opening band (locals). And I get it, sometimes your drummer has the flu and things just don't go the way they should, so I'll not mention anything else about them here.

Continuing our Thursday evening concert series: Early Man. It's been a few years since I've seen them (I had attempted to go this past summer in Pittsburgh but spent too long at dinner and missed it, though that dinner was technically working). In the interim Early Man released new material and got a touring bass player. Hawt. I must say they rocked much harder than I remember. Perhaps because previously I was way too focused on my 3IoB boys or playing with dolls or whatever. In summary, Early Man is awesome and I hope to see them more frequently in the future.

I didn't know much about Red Fang, although I had looked up their myspace so I was pretty excited to see a bunch of beardos from Portland playing what I would call "straight-ahead rock-and-roll" metal. I don't know - read their reviews or something if you want a better genre classification. I just know I liked it and there was a song about sharks, so you obviously can't go wrong. If I move to Portland and learn to brew my own beer, I will definitely share it with them.

No comments: