Monday, June 02, 2008

Review: Coheed #37 05.30.2008

#16 (37th of Coheed)
Friday, May 30, 2008
Coheed & Cambria
Baroness
Gravity Nightclub, Cheswick PA

Oh, where to start? Well, first of all, Cheswick PA is not exactly Pittburgh and it's no surprise I couldn't tell what this club looked like from Google Street View because it's a roller rink on top of a Goodwill Store next to a Rite-Aid and across from Cheswick Pools. Oh yes. And much like that time I drove to godforsaken eastern PA in October 2003 to see acoustic Coheed (minus Travis, who was at a wedding) open for Thrice and Thursday, the will-call line was extremely long and slow. I caught probably about half of Baroness' set and was pretty impressed. I first heard of them through friends and have their album on my iPod, so I was somewhat familiar. The sound was actually really good since there were no rough/flat surfaces for the sound to bounce off of.
It wasn't long before Coheed came out. They played pretty much the same set I saw the last couple times, though I was pretty happy that they played "Ten Speed..." because I dreamed about it while I was napping before the show. Also, I think I probably forgot to mention previously that Claudio has a theremin. It was so hot in this place, I think my brain partially cooked so I don't know what else to mention.

No comments: