Thursday, August 09, 2007

Ozzfest 2007

Ozzfest in Columbus OH
So Ozzfest was "free" this year...minus the $20 parking and $3.50 bottled water. The Germain Amphitheater is actually pretty nice - the covered section is built so that people on the lawn have minimal obstruction - unlike Nissan or Merriweather Post.
I didn't get into town in time to see the 20 minute set of 3 Inches of Blood, so I didn't head over until around 6 pm to see the mainstage acts:
Lordi
- musically they're pretty meh - it's Europop rock. The costumes are impressive though - especially with a 100-degree heat index (it's still not as humid as DC though).
Static-X - I didn't even know who they were until I looked it up, though I did recognize a couple of the songs from the radio. I guess since I couldn't actually see anyone and that guy doesn't look like a Slim Jim anymore I couldn't tell...
Lamb of God
- I saw them once at the Ottobar and I was right in the front there so this was quite a bit different since they were tiny distant dots from my spot on the lawn. There was a huge pit in another section of the lawn during the latter half of their set.
Ozzy - I do like Ozzy but it was so hot that I just didn't care that much. I saw Cam and Alexei walk by and I didn't realize it was them until it was too late to catch them. Ozzy opened with my second favorite - 'Bark at the Moon' - and played a few other oldies before he played a song from his latest album. I stayed inside the amphitheater until the 7th song and then heard 2 1/2 more songs walking the half mile (I kid you not) to the car. I was so sweaty and gross that I just wanted to get back to my apartment-style hotel room (it's a 1BR loft - it's huge!) and take a shower so that's what I did. I'm still upset about missing 3IoB....I had a dream about getting egg sandwiches with them so maybe someday that will come true. Like my IHOP with 3 dream...

No comments: