Friday, April 28, 2006

Coheed Gigography


Gigography
This complete listing of all shows since Coheed was signed to Equal Vision Records in 2002, really makes me appreciate how hard they have worked for their success. They played 119 shows in 2002 - their first year out as a signed band. In 2004 (when I saw 12 shows), Coheed played 154 shows! They didn't have a tour bus until mid-2004, so much of their time was spent in their van or a rental camper. Respeito!

And...thanks to Cobalt & Calcium, I can now figure out what percentage of Coheed shows I've been to: 5.47%

[If I counted right there's been 522 shows since 2002 (and including the current-yet-to-be-completed tour), which - should I even count 2002? I did start listening to them in about May of 2002 and I do remember them coming to the 9:30 club in Oct 2002 during the sniper shootings (part of the reason I didn't go) and I tried to go see them in Feb 2003 in Baltimore when I rented a gold Chevy Metro and drove to the Ottobar in the snow (first time in Baltimore too!) and it was sold out and I couldn't get in :-(

No comments: