Thursday, September 29, 2005

Update from the road: Coheed Week 2005

Coheed week 2005 is off to an auspicious start. A one-hour-plus set in Atlantic City followed by the drinking of expensive drinks with Josh, Dave, horny girls, etc. Awesome!
Josh hooked me up with a pass for last night's Concert for Hurricane Relief at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville NJ (home of Skid Row, dontcha know). I got to watch the acoustic set from the side of the stage....which is one of my many lifelong dreams (ala Homer).
Overnight drive from NJ to PA via various turnpikes - I've spent around $30 on tolls at this point and there will be more tolls tomorrow. In case you were wondering, I did sleep in the car. It's actually not that bad in the backset (w/pillow and blanket) and the front passenger's set folds almost flat (so it's actually better than being on a plane). Today I managed to not get severely lost in Pittsburgh (yet) and I finally got a chance to check out the Andy Warhol museum (which was so cool - there was a special exhibit on his work with the Rolling Stones, which obviously correlates to my various Coheed fantasies). I just got totally sucked into this beauty store called Ulta (it's like Sephora). I only went in to buy some kind of chapstick and to check it out and ended up buying a bunch of Urban Decay stuff because it was buy-one-get-one-free plus I got two free Urban Decay products for spending $45. It's like a money-sucking vortex, it is. Tonight I'm going to stay in a nice hotel - I wish I could remember my Marriott rewards number (actual card lost in Jordan) - I think I should get a free night at this point. Plus I can walk to the club from the hotel. Also, I did get myself a famous Primanti Bros. sandwich and only lost one fry to the floor (although a lot of the 'slaw fell out on the paper).
So, tonight - da Burgh...tomorrow I/we conquer Ohio. Plus tonight I get a photo pass. Thanks guys!

No comments: